Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Soldier (Duke's Obsession, #2 )The Soldier by Grace Burrowes


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I had an inkling of what was going to happen at the end but I like to journey to get there. Devlin St. Just was an interesting and intriguing character from The Heir but I don't think Burrowes did him any justice in this book. Most of what the man was about came too late in the book and that makes for a longer read. Burrowes writes lovely books, it just seems that some things are out of place or missing and I kept waiting for some action. On the part of Emmie Farnum, here is another woman intent on leaving for the good of everyone. Let me just say, Regency women were brave as hell to uproot themselves in a time when being a single women without means could get you shunned, ridiculed, possibly stones (Oh wait, that still happens). And I didn't like the fact that she was so passive about Winnie until Devlin came into the picture and then she became a mother bear.


I guess I expected more from the second book; just wanted more MORE.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment