Monday, November 28, 2011

The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, #1)The Next Always by Nora Roberts


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Something about the working man characters of Nora Roberts. Recall the Quinn’s of Chesapeake Bay and the Gallagher’s of Ireland; these are men who are hardworking, loyal, and handsome and just plain, good. The Montgomery’s of BoonsBoro, Maryland are much the same type of men. I can’t lie: this book was a bit slow for me coming out of the starting block. I might have been expecting the grab of Chasing Fire or the instance of romance in Vision in White. I wasn’t sure why I would be going with this book and laid my Kindle the side several times before I began to fall a bit for Beckett, Ryder, and Owen. As a reader, you will fall for the men in this series rather than the women (even the little men). Apparently, Beckett Montgomery has been walking around BoonsBoro for the better part of his life, waiting for the one woman he could not have---Clare Murphy Brewster. I don’t think he even realized that he had been waiting for her until her had her. There’s a serious love connection going on here but the real romance is not Beckett and Clare…it’s the Inn BoonsBoro that the Montgomery’s are building that makes this book so delicious.


While I was reading and discovering this book, I became like the lady from 30 Rock: I want to go to there. This Inn is themed and feature rooms based on literary characters: Elizabeth and Darcy, Nick and Nora, Oberon and Titania, etc. I was instantly in love and enjoyed reading about this place this place that I secretly hoped was a reality. Roberts has this way of making the setting a major character of her novels and the first book is always just the hook you need to draw you into waiting more than six months for the second installment. I think The Last Boyfriend comes out in May of 2012 (really!) Again, with the anticipation. A good book for a cup of tea, a blanket and a chilly day.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment