Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Books Don't Expire....

I read a lot a book reviews on new books...Books by authors I've never heard of; which make me wants to read them. But what about the books that have been out for a few months or years that I haven't read? I find that I only rush out to get a newly published book when it is part of a series that  I have been waiting on for some time. Even new books by authors I love have a waiting period of a few months to a a year because I'm already working on a hefty stack.  I just read A Lady Most Likely by Eloisa James, Julia Quinn, and  Connie Brockway  last night and it came out in January 2011. I ahppen to love all three of these authors and and added the book to my TBR immediately after reading of its release. I downloaded The Hangman's Daughter  to my Kindle and have not even thought to begin reading it; so that means that I will be reviewing it several months from now.   But still, I'm reading everyday. Sometimes I read several books in one day. But they are not newly minted titles.
 Does anyone care that I read and review older titles? I don't know. Maybe there are other people like me who read in a constant stream and have a endless stack of all the books I have been meaning to get to.  Right now in my TBR pile I have: The Red Tent by Anita Diamant, A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick,  The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter,  Shadow Blade by Seressia Glass,  Corralled by Lorelei James, Too Hot to Handle by Robin Kaye,  and Snowfall on Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs ( not including those I just picked up from the local library).   A few of those titles are part of a series and I ahev already read the newest installment. Weird. I know.
The point is: I read what I like ...and when I get around to it.  Books don't go bad. If they did, Hamlet and Native Son wouldn't be on anyone's high school reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment