Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Guarding His Body (Kimani Romance)Guarding His Body by A.C. Arthur


My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Lorenzo "Renny" Bennett has been getting death threats from an unknown source. As he is a artist, he is unconcerned and tries to move on with his life. His wealthy family has different ideas and hires Sabrina Dedune as a bodyguard to protect Renny from his stalker. Renny takes one look at the petite ex-Marine and dismisses her ability to keep him out of trouble. They are immediately attracted to each other but his playboy reputation and her own personal issues with men is making it really hard for them to be professional. Though there is a real threat to Renny's life, I could not, for the life of me, figure out what it was. Too many variables : ex-girlfriends mixed with corporate espionage and a social climbing business partner. What was really the issue here? I just couldn't understand.


The story would have been a lot better with a simpler (or clearer) plot line. I know there are a limited number of pages but I can at least expect to understand the flow of the book. The developing relationship and sexual attraction between Renny and Sabrina over powered the story. As I have read other of Arthur's books, I am not too bothered by the one book I didn't care for.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment