Thursday, September 29, 2011

Quick Review: Betrayal's Shadow by K.H. LeMoyne

Betrayal's Shadow (The Guardians of Eden, #1)Betrayal's Shadow by K.H. LeMoyne


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was one of the best in urban fantasy that I have read in a long time. A really long time. It's hard for me to give a book a five star rating; it really has to stand out and above other books that I've read of the genre and even above books in other genres. For a while I have been shying away from urban fantasy books; they just seemed...off. But this book was a wonderful change from what I have been reading. At first I didn't get what the backstory was all about and almost abandoned the book but then Turen (the hero) grabbed my attention. This guy is a Guardian: not quite an angel but not a demon either. His kind is charged with guarding humanity but also with preserving themselves as a society. I didn't feel like I needed to go back and read the Old Testament or Paradise Lost to understand what was going on with this book. I like some history and background to go with my stories but with some in urban fantasy, it's like I spend most of my time trying to figure out what in the hell the author is referring to.


Turen is sacrificing himself to try and redeem his former mentor and best friend, but then finds that he needed some redeeming also. Mia is a freelance writer who finds herself transported in a cave with a really big, silent guy. One thing that I liked about Turen was that he was intelligent and patient. This was no Berserker warrior who thrashes everything in sight; this guy has a purpose and the will to see it through. And even the sex came at the right time in the book. No wham-bam’s in this book. The sex was hot and totally worth the wait. Great book and one that make you want to read all that are available in the series. I found myself plotting in my head to see what happens next.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment