Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: Revenge at Bella Terra by Christina Dodd

Oh my! I'm so loving book two of the Bella Terra series. I knew Eli had hidden depths but this guy had some serious issues.This book is where Secrets of Bella Terra was leading us (and it's not quite over). Where Rafe was pretty much a Hollywood kid who got tired of living in the spotlight of his parents, Eli was a truly tortured kid. With a volatile mother and a throw-away father, Eli has allowed himself only to love his grandmother, his brothers and his precious vines. Due to an error in judgement, Eli now has to compromise everything to save Bella Terra. He has to seduce and marry the daughert of a very rich man; and if he does, his fortunes will be restored. Sounds easy except for the fact that Chloe Robinson knows that her father is a scheming old man and that Eli is bound to be one of the many men that her father has thrown in her path. And she, as she is to later find, is right. Chloe stays in Eli's home to finish work on her latest mystery novel when all hell breaks loose. There is another body that is discovered on the grounds of Bella Terra, someone is there to betray the Di Luca's, and still more romance in the air.


As much as I like the books so far, I still think that there is something missing. And I just dont know what it is yet. As more and more about Massimo's wines are revealed, the more I want to know. And what about the other Di Luca women that Sarah called in The Secrets of Bella Terra? We haven't heard from them yet. I hope Noah's story is awesome...especially if I have to wait until April 2012 to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment