Friday, December 2, 2011

Indigo by Beverly Jenkins: E-book Release

Beverly Jenkins has made so many of her fans VERY happy. Indigo is being released as an e-book.  OMG! This is was the first historical novel featuring African-Americans as its main characters that I had ever read and I have been hooked on Ms. Beverly's books since then.  I'm so excited to read (again) about Underground Railroad conductor, Hester Wyatt and Galen Vachon.  Hester is a former slave and Galen comes from a wealthy Black family who has never shared in that particular shame. Their story is so heart-breaking ( I can remember crying while reading this). Truly one of the best romance novels I have ever read.
 Ms. Beverly  liberally peppers her books with historical facts and events, not just the setting as found with some historical novels, which helps modern readers connect with a both rich and painful past. I so cannot wait for this book to be released.

Current paperback pricing for this book is $19.95 at Amazon.com.   I believe the ebook pricing will be $4.99  (don't hold me to it). Also by Beverly Jenkins: Night Hawk (2011), Night Song (1994) , Topaz (2007), Before the Dawn (2001).

No comments:

Post a Comment