Sunday, December 4, 2011

Capital WivesCapital Wives by Rochelle Alers


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was a little skeptical about this book in the beginning and then I was wishing that the book could go on for a few more chapters. As a avid watcher of the Housewives reality series I was worried that this book would piggyback off of some of those subject lines. What I found was a fresh take on the lives of some pretty powerful women in D.C. Bethany, Deanna and Marisol find themselves connected by their powerful husbands and manage to forge real friendships.

Bethany is the mistress turned wife. She has the life she set out to have but something is missing. Her stepdaughter is wreaking havoc in her household, she's gaining weight and her older, but devoted, husband seems to be clueless to it all.

Deanna seems to be leading a charmed life as a popular event planner with the lawyer husband. But soon her husband's infidelity (and hers) comes to threaten their marriage.

Marisol is the most likeable one of the trio. Even after marrying into Washington royalty, Marisol stays true to herself but little things are showing her that her husband is not who he seems to be. He's been lying to her from the beginning and it only takes an outsider one meeting to recognize that something is very wrong.

I am very fond of Rochelle Alers writing and this book is one of her best single title novels. A thoroughly enjoyable book that will leave you looking for additional pages. I just wish there was more. Hopefully?





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment