Saturday, October 8, 2011

Review: Too Good To Be True by Kristn Higgins

Too Good to Be True by Kristan HigginsOK. I liked it. I really did. However, I was so lost in Grace's first person musings that I almost stopped reading the book. I am normally so charmed by the quirkiness of Higgins' female characters that this shouldn't have bothered me but it just seemed to be too much. Let me say that I did find the book to be funny and it tugged at my heart strings a few (appropriate times) but COME ON!



*****I usually don't do spoilers but this deserves it*****



Grace is a jilted woman. Three weeks before her weddings her fiancĂ© announces that the relationship is no longer working for him; this is after he meets her Cinderella look-a-like younger sister, Natalie. Having noticed that Natalie and Andrew shared an instant attraction and being the loving sister that she is, Grace gives the green light for them to have a relationship. Are you kidding me? Who in the h&ll does this? I would choke my sister with a reinforced piano wire if she would even think of dating the fiancĂ© that just left me holding the invitations and catering bill. But in Grace’s eyes Natalie can never do anything wrong and always has the best of intentions. I think this is what bothers me most: Natalie never seems to get the fact that she is a truly selfish biotch and Grace is feels it’s okay to continue to protect her. Ok done with the tirade.

Other than Grace acting like a martyr all the time, the book was actually quote good. Callahan was too good of a man for her. He was honest and hot and knew he way around a hammer pretty well. I mean there was the whole ex-convict thing but it was a white collar crime, so no need to hide the silver. There was some serious unresolved issues with family in this book. Did I say I liked it? Well I do---and all because Natalie gets left at the altar too.

No comments:

Post a Comment