Sunday, October 23, 2011

Guilty Pleasure: Top Gear

 Every Monday night, I look forward to two events: Monday Night Football and Top Gear on BBC.  I have been an NFL junkie since I was a little girl but this fascination with British dudes and cars is something fairly new. My affair with Jeremy, James and Richard came about while watching old episodes of Torchwood and Keeping Up Appearances. Somehow these three enthusiasts have convinced car companies to give them access to concept cars, million dollar dream machines, and luxurious coaches. They take them through their paces on obstacle courses and race tracks for the sole purpose of seeing how they work and if they are as cool to drive as they look.  I am madly in love with this show: the right combination of engine oil and British-accented humor is enough to keep me coming back week after week.

No comments:

Post a Comment