Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Promise Canyon (Virgin River, #11)Promise Canyon by Robyn Carr


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Based on Amazon.com reviews, I didn't think I would like this one. Why do I listen to other people? Some of the complaints about the book were that there was too much of the other characaters lives in the story of Clay and Lilly. But that is what the whole Virgin River series is about. I loved it. Both Clay and Lilly are modern people living with tradional cultural values. Carr does not make a mockery of their heritage and not a lot of time is spent on Native American history, just some attention paid to the individual history of the two characters.




Clay is described as a man beautiful in body and in spirit and when Lilly's friend Dane swoons at the sight of him, is just priceless. Makes me wonder who her model for Clay was? Great book which keeps you updated on the lives of the citizens of Virgin River.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment