Sunday, June 27, 2010

Midnight Awakening (The Midnight Breed, Book 3)So I know this book has been out for a while but  since I'd never read it, it was all news to me anyway. Midnight Awakening is the third installment of Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed's series and I must say that this book is pretty good. Tegan is a Gen-One vampire and the most fear warrior in the Order. Elise is a Breedmate, widowed some five years and one a mission to avenge the death of her son. These two find themselves working together to track another Gen-One warrior long thought dead. Really interesting things happen when Elise uses Tegan for survival and Tegan allows her to do it. (Pretty hot, too).

 It's getting pretty crowded in the vampire genre, so it's wonderful to find a series that has a mystery. I already know what vamps do during daylight hours, etc., etc. However, Adrian has managed to keep my interest peaked because of the journey that these guys will have to go on in order to find a real bad guy. Oh, then they find him, kill him and then find that there is someone out there even badder than the first guy. Oh, yeah.  Definitely off to book four.

There are eight books currently in the series, the latest installment Taken by Midnight, to be released September 2010. Better get cracking so I can be caught up by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment