Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You're All I NeedYou're All I Need by Karen White-Owens


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Tia Edwards is doing her boss a favor when she agrees to act as a guide for a French lawyer from the home office of her company. She never expected to fall for Christophe Jensen. He's handsome, kind, funny, educated and caters to her every need---nearly everything her boyfriend, Darnell, was not.
Chris is drawn to Tia immediately but when she lets him know that she is already in a relationship, he decides to remain in her life as a friend. Then Darnell is found cheating on Tia and Chris seizes the chance to romance Tia. Though everyone around them can see that Chris is clearly enamored of Tia there is a slight problem: Chris is white and this soon causes problems with Tia's family once Chris makes his intentions known.

This is a good read however, for me, I would have liked for their to be a little more resolution to the issues presented in the book. Racial issues aside, Tia's twin sister and mother are constantly at each other's throats and the real reason behind their rocky relationship is not addressed until the end of the book. (Maybe there is another story in this from White-Owens)? Also, the ending is a bit unfinished for me. I like to interject my own theory about what happens after THE END as much as anyone but I was left looking for at least one more chapter. Though this wasn't my favorite from this author, I will be picking up her books in the future.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment