Thursday, April 8, 2010

Brother Boaz

This morning I was awaken because I could no longer hear the very pregnant dog at the foot of the bed, huffing and puffing. I thought that it was time to assist with a home delivery. Not to be so---she had been let outside and I was off the hook. But something else happened...I had a thought about Boaz, from the Book of Ruth and also Matthew.

At 4:15 a.m. I posted a comment on Facebook about dreaming of Boaz and some reading that I would have to do. But I forgot that I had just read about Boaz on Tuesday morning while sitting in the car waiting to go in to work. What does it all mean?
The first time I'd ever heard the name Boaz was when I read Boaz Brown by Michelle Stimpson, a few years ago. Man, I love that book; it's one that I can go back and read again and again (as a matter of fact, it just made it to my TBR list). It's about two church going people of different cultures and how they navigate through a relationship. Sounds cliched, but it really isn't. You should check it out. After reading that book, I wanted a Boaz Brown of my own. What woman doesn't?

So...I've been thinking upon it all day long. What did it mean that I would wake up witht the name Boaz fresh in my mind? I'm still not sure but my heart and mind are open.

No comments:

Post a Comment