Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Bollywood AffairA Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved every moment of this book. I must say, that I was surprised with this book. I thought I would be reading a completely different book. I started reading after I saw that it was on the shortlist for my online book club; I read it in a single sitting. I I don't want to give it away, but you have to fall in love with Mili. While she is a very intelligent woman, she is very traditional and nostalgic; she holds fast to her beliefs and is truly a good person. Samir is also a good person but so conflicted with what and who he is. These two people needed each other in a way that is not apparent until nearly the end.
Western readers are invited into Indian culture but no translations are needed. The cultural references are seamless and are just enough to intrigue and delight but not enough that you feel left out. Truly a wonderful book and thoroughly enjoyed.


View all my reviews

This review is also posted at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment